Referees - Notices
2017-2018 Referee Orientation Meeting (CONFIRMED!)
The Referee Orientation Meeting is October 5th at 6pm,
5600 Room Thorncliffe Community Centre.
Meeting to be followed by on-ice session from 7:45-8:45pm in TG rink.
Bring: Notepads, skates, helmet, ref jersey, black pants (sweats ok), whistle.
Signup for 2017-2018 Season!
Registration form for signing up to work in the McKnight community ref squad is now active!
Refer to the Referee Information tab for full details.
Once you have completed your in-class clinic, Scan/Photograph your form ('Hockey Alberta Referees' Committee 17/18 Application Form') and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Officials without this form submitted by Nov. 8, will have their games re-assigned to someone else!
What does this mean for McKnight Referees?
- single system for game assignment across more areas of the city = access to games outside of McKnight when they need you!
- You only have to put your availability in once if you are working outside of McKnight as well (only have to sign on to one system!)
- You will be paid by cheque from CZRC for all games except exhibition games (those will still be cash games)
- Better visibility to CZRC for promotion to higher hockey as soon as you're ready!
- No change to the mentor or development program access within McKnight (we still have the recognition and rewards program for you!)
Stay tuned for more information!
Follow us on twitter! @McKnightReferee
Join us on Facebook! (Requires Email to email@example.com to identify referee name match to facebook id)
- Referees - McKnight Referees (Group)
- Coaches - McKnight Referees for Coaches (Group)
Penalty Shot and Shootout Procedures
- Referee stands at goallines on the stick side.
- One linesman stands on opposite side of net.
- Other linesman puts puck at center dot.
- To get it done quickly each linesman can have a puck.
- When referee is in position along the goalline he blows his whistle to start the shot.
- The linesman at center ice skates to the side of the shooter to ensure continuous forward motion of the puck.
- Home team first, visitors second.
- This process is the same as a penalty shot