McKnight Hockey COVID-19 Updates
Information on this page is subject to change at anytime with new direction provided by Hockey Calgary, Alberta Health Services, and the Government of Alberta.
COVID-19 Protocols for the March/April 2020 Development Program
- Appropriate contact tracing for COVID-19 is an important aspect for all McKnight players, coaches, and parents. We are required by Alberta Health Services to track and maintain records for all McKnight sanctioned activities. This information is required by McKnight for every arena.
- It will be mandatory for each player/coach/parent entering the arena to review and answer the COVID-19 Alberta Health Daily Checklist prior to any hockey activities. Players then must update their availability in TeamSnap and add anyone entering the building with the player in the availability notes. This will confirm that you have reviewed the COVID-19 Alberta Health Daily Checklist and the player is fit to participate in Hockey activities.
- Ice dividers must be used during the current phase.
- No spectators are allowed for any age group at this time. This may be revisited as restrictions are updated.
- Each group will have 1 parent stay in the arena off-ice in case of emergencies.
- Masks are mandatory for all players/parents/coaches entering the facility. Masks must be worn in all areas of the facility including dressing rooms.
- Players must wear a mask up until they are ready to enter the ice and as soon as they remove their helmet after exiting the ice.
- Coaches must wear masks on and off the ice.
- Players come dressed and leave dressed. Hockey Bags are encouraged to be in the car for forgotten or extra equipment. Dressing rooms and designated areas are for skate tieing stations only.
- Goalies should also arrive and leave dressed as much as possible however there will be allocated areas for pads to be put on. Please follow each arena's guidelines and be well educated on what each arena allows and where.
- Players must use ONLY their own water-bottle, and it is recommended that they are filled at home. There will be limited to no access to water-bottle filling stations, which are high-contact places. It is also recommended that water bottles are washed between each session.
- There will be no Health and Safety Coordinator. It will the responsibility of the parent, player and coaches to make sure all arena and government regulations are adhered to.
McKnight Arena COVID-19 Protocols
Mandatory restrictions - Provincewide - Effective Feb. 8
All participants must be 18 years old or younger, except coaches or trainers.
Group physical activities
Children and youth will be allowed to participate in limited group activities.
- Lessons, practices and physical conditioning activities are allowed for indoor and outdoor minor sports/activities and school athletics (for example, school sport activities that are outside of a physical education class or related part of the school curriculum).
- Games are not allowed.
- Maximum of 10 total individuals, including all coaches, trainers, and participants.
- A playing surface (for example, arena, field or court) may be occupied by more than one youth group, as long as 3-metres of physical distancing can be maintained between groups of 10 and the groups do not intermingle.
- Physical distancing must be maintained between participants at all times:
- 3-metres physical distance for indoor activities
- 2-metres physical distance for outdoor activities
- coaches or trainers may enter physical distancing space for brief interactions with participants (for example, to correct form or technique)
- Participants must be masked at all times, except during the training activity. Coaches and trainers must remain masked at all times.
- Access to change rooms must be limited, including accelerated arrival and departure, emergencies (for example, first aid) and washroom use.
**Please note that this Chart Does not include the regulations for the COVID Variant Strains**
If you have any further questions please submit them here.
McKnight Hockey Association
Our Mission is to provide our players with an affordable, fair and competitive hockey experience that focuses on the development of individual and team hockey skills, the practice of good sportsmanship and fair play and the opportunity to be challenged while having fun. At McKnight Hockey, our goal is to involve your child in a program that fosters teamwork, skill development and enjoyment of the game.