McKnight Hockey COVID-19 Updates
Information on this page is subject to change at anytime with new direction provided by Hockey Calgary, Alberta Health Services, and the Government of Alberta.
McKnight Hockey Association COVID-19 2020/2021 ***Updated Nov. 23, 2020***
The McKnight Hockey Association is committed to providing our members, players and families with a safe and enjoyable hockey season. The McKnight COVID committee is constantly monitoring all COVID-19 updates from the Alberta Government and Hockey Calgary.
COVID-19 Protocols for ALL ice times.
- Appropriate contact tracing for COVID-19 is an important aspect for all McKnight players, coaches, parents, volunteers and spectators. We are required by Alberta Health Services to track and maintain records over the course of the season. This information is required by McKnight for every arena.
- It will be mandatory for each player/spectator to review and answer the COVID-19 Alberta Health Daily Checklist prior to any hockey activities. Players then must update their availability in TeamSnap and add anyone entering the building with the player in the availability notes. This will confirm that you have reviewed the COVID-19 Alberta Health Daily Checklist and the player is fit to participate in Hockey Activities.
- We recommend having players come dressed as much as possible and leave dressed as much as possible. And to remain using a small backpack/reusable bag/small duffle bag.
- For your player's health and wellbeing, hockey bags will be allowed if they are needed. It is imperative that we stick to the arenas allotted time frames to exit the facility.
- U18, U21, Goalies and Coaches can also bring their bags in, as we understand personal items are kept in those bags and need to be secured/locked in the change room.
- Players must use ONLY their own water-bottle, and it is recommended that they are filled at home. There will be limited access to water-bottle filling stations, which are high-contact places. It is also recommended that water bottles are washed between each session.
- A Safety Scheduler volunteer will assign Safety Parents, they will help assist with the COVID-19 protocols and ensure facility capacities.
- The protocols set forth by the facilities must be followed. It is up to the participant and parent to know the rules of each arena prior to entering the facility. All McKnight participants must adhere to each facility's rules to ensure McKnight Hockey Association has continued access to the facility for the duration of the season. Players are encouraged to arrive in their hockey gear as much as possible. Face coverings/masks are required in all common areas including dressing rooms and must be worn until players are ready to hit the ice.
- This table is meant as a guideline and is merely a snapshot of the arena protocols as of November 23, 2020. Facility protocols are subject to change and so please adhere to all posted signs.
- As per the Government of Alberta there is a current restriction no indoor gatherings. As well as no social gatherings outdoors of more than 10 people. Therefore no team gatherings are permitted at this time.
- It is strongly recommended that any meetings occur online by using Google Meet, Zoom or similar online platform.
- McKnight supports 1 spectator per player however this is to be managed at a team level. We encourage our facilities to have standardized protocols and spectator guidance across our association.
- ALL spectators must be recorded at ALL arenas to assist with contract tracing and AHS when applicable.
- Masks are mandatory to be worn by players entering the facility. We highly encourage and recommend masks to be worn by all players when in the dressing rooms, up until the players are ready to enter the ice.
- Anyone entering a facility is required to wear a mask. The mask must remain on while you are in the facility even while sitting.
- Coaches are required to wear masks in the dressing room, on the player’s bench and in the penalty box area. However, they are not required to wear a mask while on the ice.
- If you would like some additional reading material in regards to masking:
- https://www.aappublications.org/news/2020/10/09/law100920 - 40% or more of pediatric COVID-19 infections may be asymptomatic.
Tournaments are NOT permitted during Phase 2 of the Alberta Government relaunch therefore no travel permits or tournament sanctions will be approved during this phase.
COVID-19 Arena Guidelines and Protocols
Please note that all information in the below links is subject to change at any time. We will update the links as the information is available to us. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any further questions please submit them here.
McKnight Hockey Association
Our Mission is to provide our players with an affordable, fair and competitive hockey experience that focuses on the development of individual and team hockey skills, the practice of good sportsmanship and fair play and the opportunity to be challenged while having fun. At McKnight Hockey, our goal is to involve your child in a program that fosters teamwork, skill development and enjoyment of the game.