16th Annual McKnight Silent Auction
Saturday, November 10, 2018
Hosted by Thorncliffe Greenview Community Association
Meeting 1- Recap
If you missed the October 2 meeting, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to participate or join us October 11, 7 pm in the TGCA boardroom.
You will find a recap of the October 2 meeting below.
The McKnight Silent Auction is a major fundraising opportunity wrapped into an evening of fun, friends – new and old, dinner and party held at the Thorncliffe Greenview Community Association.
How it works
Each participating team “buys” a table for $100.00
The team then solicits donations from various sources: local business, friends, family, gifts from Christmas last year (new, unused – think of it as repurposed).
These donations range from gift certificates to tire packages.
Each team sells tickets to the auction and yes volunteers buy tickets.
THE MORE TICKETS SOLD MEANS MORE PEOPLE WHO WILL BID ON ITEMS ON YOUR TABLE AND OTHER TABLES!
Teams take home 96% of all funds raised from their table. The 4% is a flat rate charged by Thorncliffe to cover administration fees (bank processing fees and Moneris fees). Last year teams made between $950.00 to over $4000.00. Funds can be used for whatever your team wants to use them for – apparel, extra skill development, tournaments.
Tickets include dinner and dance.
Ticket prices cover the cost of the auction. Food, venue, tickets and advertising, entertainment, door prizes and all other costs associated. Tickets are $40.00 per person.
This year our caterer is Trolley 5 Brewpub on 17 Ave SW. It will be served buffet style.
Our next meeting is October 11. Those teams intending to participate should bring $100.00, either by cheque made out to Thorncliffe Greenview, or cash.
email@example.com or 403 312 4479. I am happy to answer them.
Silent Auction Coordinator
Message from our Silent Auction Coordinator:
Welcome back to hockey season.
The 16th Annual McKnight Silent Auction is taking place on November 10th, 2018 at the Thorncliffe Greenview Community Hall.
The Silent Auction is a major fundraiser for McKnight Hockey teams. A great way to reconnect with old 'teammates' over a beverage, meet new 'teammates', a bite to eat and support other teams in our association.
How it works:
- Each participating team purchases a table for $100 to display the items collected by their team. This fee pays for printing costs, entertainment, decorations etc. Table location is selected by random draw on auction day. You would be amazed at what people bring in!
- Admission tickets are sold by each participating team. These are priced to cover the food, venue and staffing costs, volunteer appreciation gifts and door prizes. Last year we gave 11 door prizes out to 11 different lucky winners!
- The items go through the bidding process, are paid for, and within two weeks after totals are complete and transactions are cleared, the teams receive their money via cheque.
- Last year 21 teams participated. The highest grossing team made just over $4000 and the lowest was just below $1000.
- Last year, 96% of the total amount of money raised by each team went back to the team. Only 4% of total sales is used to pay for the administration fees which includes the rental of Moneris machines, credit card processing fees and banking fees.
- TG Hockey receives all money raised by liquor sales and is directed back to the arena for improvements such as the new monitor and software for dressing room assignments. It has been used for such things as new nets, bumper pads for Timbit hockey, dressing room improvements. (TG Hockey does not participate in or receive funds from any casino opportunity)
Thank you for your time and I look forward to seeing you at the rink!
TGCA Hockey Director and McKnight Board Member
McKnight teams participating in the Silent Auction as a team fundraiser will require two volunteers to work together to manage the details associated with the Silent Auction. Each team will be required to have one Silent Auction Volunteer be your team's point of contact for the TGCA representative. This ensures parents on each team receive timely and correct information surrounding this event.
Please forward your Silent Auction Volunteer contact information to Jodie Cadman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be sure to include the following in your email:
Below are links to forms in helping you with your Silent Auction donations and tickets. Please print additional copies as needed.
If you need a link that is currently unavailable, please contact our TG Representative, Jodie Cadman, at email@example.com.