Volunteers are critical to our accomplishments and our vision for the future. McKnight is fortunate to have an energetic and engaged membership, whose volunteer efforts support our organization year after year. As our association grows, we continue to expand and improve our volunteer opportunities and create an environment where volunteers feel they belong.
1. Every family is required to complete a minimum of 10 volunteer hours.
2. McKnight families must provide a post-dated cheque for the value of their commitment deposit ($200). Cheques are payable to McKnight Hockey Association and must be post-dated for March 1, 2020.
3. Some volunteers are exempt from providing a volunteer commitment deposit due to the extensive nature of their volunteering. If you think you quailfy for this exception please contact the Executive Director for confirmation.
4. Cheques are collected at the first skate or can be mailed to McKnight Hockey Association at:
RPO Box 64261
5628 - 4th St NW
5. McKnight members who wish to opt-out of our volunteer commitment may pay the value of their deposit ($200) at the time of registration. No refunds will be given for opt-out payments.
6. McKnight teams will assign a Volunteer Coordinator that is responsible for tracking and reporting their teams fulfilled hours on our Volunteer Tracking Sheet. Volunteer Tracking Sheets are due no later than April 1 of the given season.
7. Families who do not complete their required volunteer commitment will have their cheques cashed no earlier than April 30.
8. Dishonoured cheques — cheques that are not accepted by the financial institutions due to Non Sufficient Funds (NSF) or stop-payments — are subject to a $35 administrative fee.
9. The administrative fee ($35) and the value of the unfulfilled deposit ($200) will be added to the McKnight members’ account and they will be considered “Not in good standing” until the payment is received.
10. McKnight reserves the right not to release a member “Not in good standing” for future registration with McKnight or any other Hockey Canada member association.
McKnight Hockey Association
Our Mission is to provide our players with an affordable, fair and competitive hockey experience that focuses on the development of individual and team hockey skills, the practice of good sportsmanship and fair play and the opportunity to be challenged while having fun. At McKnight Hockey our goal is to involve your child in a program that fosters teamwork, skill development and enjoyment of the game.