McKnight Hockey COVID-19 Updates
Information on this page is subject to change at any time with new direction provided by Hockey Calgary, Alberta Health Services, the City of Calgary and the Government of Alberta.
- The City of Calgary will require all individuals 12 and older, including participants, to show either proof of vaccination, a medical exemption note, or proof of a privately paid negative PCR or rapid test (tests need to state that they are Canadian government approved) within 72 hours of entry prior to entering a recreational facility operating under the Restriction Exemption Program (REP). Note that Thorncliffe, Mount Pleasant and Huntington Hills are all operating under the REP.
Helpful Links and Additional Information
- All three of our arenas will continue to allow coaches, evaluators and spectators up to full capacity as long as everyone is masked and those 12+ have demonstrated proof of vaccination, have a medical exemption note, or have proof of a privately paid negative PCR or rapid test within 72 hours of entry.
- Everyone 18+ must also have valid personal identification.
- Your valid ID and proof of vaccination, medical exemption or negative test must be with you at all times while you are in the facility.
- Proof of vaccination is only acceptable as long as two weeks have transpired since the dose was administered. Up until October 25, 2021, proof of a single vaccination is acceptable as long as two weeks have transpired since the dose was administered. Starting October 25, 2021, proof of double vaccination is required as long as two weeks have transpired since the second dose was administered.
- Anyone born in 2009 is already eligible for the vaccine. This means that anyone turning 12 this year will need to be vaccinated 2 weeks prior to their birthday. Also, after October 25, 2021 anyone turning 12 will need to be fully vaccinated (2 shots) when they turn 12.
Step By Step Instructions for Fast Easy Digital Vaccination Cards
- Go to the Alberta Health Services Vaccination Card link on your phone or desktop.
- Click Yes
- Fill in Health Care Number, Date of Birth, Month and Year of Vaccine and check the agree to boxes
- Click Download Vaccine Record
McKnight Hockey Association
Our Mission is to provide our players with an affordable, fair and competitive hockey experience that focuses on the development of individual and team hockey skills, the practice of good sportsmanship and fair play and the opportunity to be challenged while having fun. At McKnight Hockey, our goal is to involve your child in a program that fosters teamwork, skill development and enjoyment of the game.